Girl’s nights are essential.   I have decided this.  One would think that every night, in a home of four girls and one boy, would be girls night- but in fact - the opposite is often true.   My husband is very “manly” man - so you can imagine what he ropes his darling little girls in to liking.   We do football games and rodeo and basketball games, we do the history channel, the discovery channel an boy shows -  we don’t often do dinner and movie nights.  Tonight- the girls and I did!
We actually set out to go ice skate and get coffee-   Too bad we looked up a rink in a same town, different state and were a little disappointed that we were not able to go skate.   So plan b- pizza and a movie—-  I cannot tell you how much joy I got from this evening.  We laughed, we ate, we enjoyed each other- AND we saw a girl movie in the theater!  Not something that happens... like EVER.

God Gifted me an afternoon of my daughters - and them an afternoon/evening with a relaxed mama.  When we spend time together like this, I can work on their view of me.  Work to be a role model that they need and a mom that loves unconditionally with a patient tongue and a joyful heart.  Too often we are rushed with a mission; get to school, go to practice, get homework done, clean the house, take care of animals... an unending list of anxiety filled activities.  You already know I struggle with anxiety, but two of my three girls do too.  So we bring out the worst in each other when we are under a time crunch- just feeding our anxieties.  Not such a pretty sight.  When we do something for fun, just us - I feel like a much better mom.  And maybe those times help us function better under stress- hopefully, because we are bonded.

Psalm 127:3; Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

So from this day, and my struggle where I am in life right now,




May we find grace through prayer and our relationship with God.  May we help each other be better people and walk with GOD our entire lives.  May we enjoy time with each other and while God builds our relationships with each other.

May you pray your way through each day - and each situation.  Bless you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog